– An Introduction to Business Structures in California
- What, if any, is the difference between a sole proprietor and a freelancer?
- What’s the difference between a DBA (doing business as) and a fictitious business name?
- Should I form an LLC, if so, do I need to hire a lawyer?
- Several of my clients told me I need to incorporate after AB5 took effect in order to do business with them–with AB2257 superseding AB5, is that still true?
If you’ve asked yourself these and similar questions, this workshop is for you!
What you will learn
In this workshop, we will cover the basics of possible business structures in California, from sole proprietorships over LLCs to corporations. We will demo some of the steps in the business formation process you can easily do yourself online in a few minutes instead of paying somebody hundreds of Dollars. However, there are some steps where it is advisable to get professional legal or accounting help. You will walk away with an understanding for which steps you might need that help and where to get it. We will also go over the many misconceptions that AB5 and later AB2257 introduced in terms of what is required to do business in California as a language professional.
Note: If you have any specific questions that you’d like to see discussed, please email them to the presenter at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20.
Disclaimer: While the workshop covers business structures that are recognized all over the US, the details differ considerably from state to state. Therefore, some workshop information does not apply outside of California.
Date: January 28, 2023 Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2022 Carola F Berger
Time: 9:30am-12:00pm, with a 15 minute break
Where: CSU East Bay Conference Center Oakland, California
Continuing Education Points: 2 ATA CEPs